[R-pkg-devel] New Package olr 4 NOTES

Wed Dec 4 20:11:12 CET 2019

On 04/12/2019 1:02 p.m., Mat Fok via R-package-devel wrote:
> Hi All,
> This is the first time I am trying to upload a package. It is fun learning this stuff.
> Thank you all for kindly looking at the NOTES.
> This is the log I recevied from CRAN volunteers: https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/olr_1.0.0.2000_20191129_024844/Windows/00check.log
> (I was wondering how to reproduce that log. I have run other things like devtools::check())
>
> The package is here: https://github.com/MatHatter/olr_r/tree/master/Rstuff
>
> I will address every problem below:
> 1. OK. Not misspelled:
> Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    olr (8:18, 9:20)
> 2. FIXED thisThe Description field should not start with the package name,
>    'This package' or similar.
> 3. FIXED thisThe Description field contains
>    https://pypi.org/project/olr/.
> Please enclose URLs in angle brackets (<...>).
> 4. Don't know how to fix this, unless it is not anything.
> The build time stamp is missing.

That's a sign that you didn't build the package using "R CMD build" at
the command line (or one of the R functions that calls it).  Don't use
tar directly to create it, let R do it (because adding a timestamp is
not the only thing it does).

If you used a devtools function to build the tarball, then you probably
did something wrong, but it's hard to say what without seeing the
command you used.  Or maybe devtools has a bug, but it's pretty widely
used, so I doubt that.

> 5. First I took these files out of the folder completely, but then I thought that it might be needed for something and .Rhistory probably will be there no matter what so I used the function
>> usethis::use_build_ignore(c(".Rproj.user", ".gitignore", ".Rhistory"))✔ Setting active project to 'C:/Rstuff/olr'✔ Adding '^\\.gitignore$', '^\\.Rhistory$' to '.Rbuildignore'
> but as you see .Rproj.user was already in my .Rbuildignore so I don't know if this is going to work.* checking for hidden files and directories ... NOTE
> Found the following hidden files and directories:
>    .Rhistory
>    .gitignore
>    .Rproj.user
> These were most likely included in error. See section 'Package
> structure' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

If you had .Rbuildignore set to ignore them, then R would not put them
in the tarball.

Duncan Murdoch