[R-pkg-devel] Including in my vignette a figure drawn outside R

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Dec 3 16:36:19 CET 2019

I am planning to include a flow-chart in the vignette of one of my
packages (metap). I am planning to draw it using dot from Graphviz. I
know that there is Rgraphviz which would do the whole thing in R but I
do this sort of thing rarely and I suspect the overhead of learning how
to do it in Rgraphviz would outweigh the benefit.

So my question is: if I wish to be a good Open Source citizen should I
just bundle the .pdf file resulting from dot with the vignette or should
I provide the .gv file which generated it? I think from reading Writing
R Extensions that in either case I just put them in the directory along
with my .Rnw file but please disabuse me of that impression if false.

The package will need to live on CRAN if that makes a difference.

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html