[R-pkg-devel] Fix non-ASCII characters in R packages

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Dec 2 20:36:57 CET 2019

OK, but this note did not lead to a rejection (and the mail we sent did
not even include the Note you apparently cited from the check.log)

The actual issues are:

   Found the following (possibly) invalid URLs:
       From: README.md
             NEWS.md
       Message: OK
       CRAN URL not in canonical form

       From: README.md
       Message: OK
       CRAN URL not in canonical form

     The canonical URL of the CRAN page for a package is
       https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=pkgname

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: for hidden files and directories, Result: NOTE
   Found the following hidden files and directories:
     .travis.yml
   These were most likely included in error. See section 'Package
   structure' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

Best,
Uwe Ligges