[R-pkg-devel] winOS devel failure "knitr not available" on resubmit

Sat Nov 30 14:29:19 CET 2019

On 30/11/2019 7:02 a.m., Yoni wrote:
> I have recently resubmitted a package after fixing an issue with the
> license. The package passed all the checks a few days prior and on this
> resubmit the winOS failed with a message that I am not sure how to resolve.
>
> * checking package dependencies ... ERROR
> Package suggested but not available for checking:
> 'knitr'VignetteBuilder package required for checking but not
> installed: 'knitr'
>
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/ripe_0.1.0_20191130_120421/Windows/00check.log
>
> The DESCRIPTION file seems to contain the correct Imports and Suggests
> that have not raised issues up until this point on checks.Depends: R
> (>= 3.5.0)
>
> Imports: magrittrSuggests:
>   testthat,
>   knitr,
>   rmarkdown,
>   purrr,
>   parallel,
>   dplyr,
>   covr
> VignetteBuilder: knitr

Assuming the joined lines "Imports: magrittrSuggests:" are just in your
email, not in the DESCRIPTION file (you used HTML, which generally gets
mangled here), that's likely a transient error on the test system.  I
would resubmit.