[R-pkg-devel] Compiler warning using C versions of base R integrate function

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 22 14:57:01 CET 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 7:25 PM Devin Incerti <devin.incerti using gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to submit a very minor update to my package where I replaced
> a deprecated C++ function with an alternative. However, I'm receiving an
> unrelated warning "*array subscript -1 is outside array bounds of ‘double
> [52]’ [-Warray-bounds] *" on Debian during the CRAN pre-tests. I do not
> receive this warning on my local OS X, Ubuntu 16.04 (on Travis-CI), with
> Win-builder, or with R-hub builder. I also did not receive this warning on
> previous submissions to CRAN, but it does now show up on the most recent CRAN
> checks
> <http://s.bl-1.com/h/cH9zB21r?url=https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_hesim.html>

I cannot reproduce the warning with R 3.6.1 and GCC 9.2. It seems to
be an R-devel + new(ish) GCC issue since it also appears on the rather
new Windows + GCC 8 tests.

[...] .
> R source with function pointers replaced by C++ functors. These integration
> functions are needed so that the package can integrate at the C++ level.

Calling the integration functions from R's C API is no fun, indeed.
Have you considered using RcppNumerical
(https://github.com/yixuan/RcppNumerical) instead of copying code from
R?

cheerio