[R-pkg-devel] Compiler warning using C versions of base R integrate function

Devin Incerti dev|n@|ncert| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Nov 21 19:25:09 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm attempting to submit a very minor update to my package where I replaced
a deprecated C++ function with an alternative. However, I'm receiving an
unrelated warning "*array subscript -1 is outside array bounds of ‘double
[52]’ [-Warray-bounds] *" on Debian during the CRAN pre-tests. I do not
receive this warning on my local OS X, Ubuntu 16.04 (on Travis-CI), with
Win-builder, or with R-hub builder. I also did not receive this warning on
previous submissions to CRAN, but it does now show up on the most recent CRAN
checks
<http://s.bl-1.com/h/cH9zB21r?url=https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_hesim.html>
.

The warning is related to the header file integrate.h
<http://s.bl-1.com/h/cH9zB6Qt?url=https://github.com/hesim-dev/hesim/blob/master/inst/include/hesim/Rbase/integrate.h>,
which is just integrate.c
<http://s.bl-1.com/h/cH9zBCpw?url=https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/5a156a0865362bb8381dcd69ac335f5174a4f60c/src/appl/integrate.c>
from
R source with function pointers replaced by C++ functors. These integration
functions are needed so that the package can integrate at the C++ level.

I don't know how to avoid this warning. Is it perhaps related to the
particular version of GCC used during the CRAN checks. Any thoughts or
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Devin