[R-pkg-devel] Using FORTRAN libraries and compiler options

Rampal S. Etienne r@mp@|et|enne @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 11 17:40:28 CET 2019

Hello,

I am using FORTRAN code with the deSolve package. However, the code
still runs slowly. Googling tells me that there are two options to speed
up my code:

1. Compile with option -O3

2. Use the library dgemm.

I understand that this can be set in makevars. However, as I have
limited experience with FORTRAN (never loaded libraries or set compiling
options), I was wondering whether anyone can give me a hint on how to
set this. I have just a single FORTRAN file (with multiple subroutines).

Cheers, Rampal