[R-pkg-devel] R-hub PREPERROR on Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS, R-release, GCC not on other platforms

Fri Nov 8 17:38:23 CET 2019

On 8 November 2019 at 10:14, R. Mark Sharp wrote:
| Should I ignore this problem with regard to going forward with a submission to CRAN?
|
| It looks like some CRAN packages that I am dependent on are not available on the Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS platform.
|
| #> Failed with error: ‘there is no package called ‘shiny’’
| #> ERROR: dependency ‘openssl’ is not available for package ‘httr’
| #> ERROR: dependency ‘httr’ is not available for package ‘covr’
| #> ERROR: dependency ‘httr’ is not available for package ‘Rlabkey’
| #> ERROR: dependencies ‘httr’, ‘openssl’ are not available for package ‘pkgdown’
| #> ERROR: dependency ‘Rlabkey’ is not available for package ‘nprcmanager’
|
| The following platforms have no errors or warnings and have only the “New submission” note.
|
| Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, R-devel, 32/64 bit
| Fedora Linux, R-devel, clang, gfortran

Are you running this at rhub?

Rhub is a "contributed service" so as the CRAN Checklist [1] says, "results
may differ".  You can file bug reports for rhub; I have done in the past and
it (at times) has lead to changes.

As for your package, it looks like it passes on fully set-up test beds so
it looks like you may be ready for submission.  Only CRAN can tell, and only
will if you actually submit ;-)

Dirk

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/submission_checklist.html