[R-pkg-devel] CRAN policies with regards to runnable examples

Mark van der Loo m@rk@v@nder|oo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 2 08:35:27 CEST 2019

My experience is somewhat similar to that of Hong Ooi.

An initial submission got refused. During resubmission I explained the
necessity of \dontrun{} in certain cases and it was accepted. So the basic
policy here is 'comply or explain'.

>From now on, when I need to place a \dontrun{} anywhere, I will at initial
submission already use the 'Optional Comment' box to document why each
\dontrun{} is necessary. Based on my earlier experiences, this seems
reasonable and also the fastest way to publication.

Best,
Mark