[R-pkg-devel] Passing CRAN check when an examples must save a file

Zachary Flynn z|||ynn @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 27 05:43:43 CEST 2019

I am working on a function in a package that saves a file.  I want to write
an example to document the function so it must save a file, but when I do,
the automatic CRAN checks reject the package because there is a
non-standard file saved in the directory when the second test runs (first,
it runs a test on Windows where the check error does not occur, then on
Linux where it does).  The relevant check output is:

* checking for non-standard things in the check directory ... NOTE
Found the following files/directories:
  ‘Produc.csv’

There is no file called Produc.csv anywhere in the directory (the
error doesn't show up in the first run on Windows).

It is generated by running the example code which automatic CRAN
testing might be doing in between running the Windows and Linux
checks?

How do I write an example that must save a file to be an example of
using the function without triggering this issue?

Zach Flynn