[R-pkg-devel] Resubmitting after a few days

Helmut Schütz he|mut@@chuetz @end|ng |rom beb@c@@t
Wed Sep 25 12:12:55 CEST 2019

Hi Roy,

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel wrote on 2019-09-24
20:43:
> Hi All:
>
> A few days ago I  had to resubmit because an external URL I was using in my vignette changed and the nightly builds were issuing warnings.  This morning a user reported a bug.  I have the fix and a new version,  but the test machines,  and I suppose it will also be true of CRAN,  are unhappy about the interval since last submit.

They will. ;-)

> Should I just submit the new version anyway with a note in cram-comments that this is a bug fix.

Absolutely. The one-month interval for new versions is a *recommendation*.
If a bug has to be fixed, go for it -- together with an explanation.
Happened to me once as well (new version correcting a bug after two days).
IIRC, Hadley had to submit a new version of one of his packages after
three days. Murphy's law.

Cheers,
Helmut

--