[R-pkg-devel] Package or namespace load failed: undefined symbol

Sameh M. Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Tue Sep 24 12:10:08 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am uploading my R package to CRAN. One of the dynamic libraries the package requires depends on LAPACKE library which usually integrated with BLAS and CBLAS in the same .so file (as I understand). CRAN has OpenBLAS already installed on the system. However, this OpenBLAS library does not maintain implementation of LAPACKE library. Thus, I have modified my configure file to install a standalone OpenBLAS library to use it.

The problem that my installation has successfully passed, however, CRAN fails in loading my package giving me this error:

/srv/hornik/tmp/CRAN/exageostatr.Rcheck/exageostatr/lib/libcoreblas.so: undefined symbol: LAPACKE_slarfb_work

LAPACKE_slarfb_work is a function defined in the LAPACKE library. I have tried to set the PKG_LIBS path to my OpenBLAS lib but again it fails.

Any suggestions?

--Sameh