[R-pkg-devel] Add reference in Description

Helmut Schütz he|mut@@chuetz @end|ng |rom beb@c@@t
Mon Sep 9 14:54:36 CEST 2019

Hi Juhee,

Juhee Lee wrote on 2019-09-09 12:53:
> […] please add these in the Description field
> So I added it in the Description field of my DESCRIPTION file like this:

>      Berrington de Gonzalez A, et al.(2012) <DOI:10.1088/0952-4746/32/3/205>,
>      National Research Council(2006, ISBN:978-0-309-09156-5).

I would use <doi:...> instead of <DOI:...>
Interesting that CRAN started requesting references a while ago.
Note that /nothing/ about it is stated in the 'R-Extensions Manual'.

> But, I've gotten the reply like below.
>

> Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
> Berrington (32:5)

Happens all the time, esp. with names. Sometimes words are common in
your particular
field but unknown to the spell-checker.
It seems that the spell-checker learns or is less strict in later
submissions.
Nothing to worry about.

> Found the following (possibly) invalid DOIs:
> DOI: 10.1088/0952-4746/32/3/205
> From: DESCRIPTION
> Message: 403

Strange. Generally you get that only if the document is behind a
pay-wall and not
even the abstract can be accessed. I could access it.
Sometimes an entire site is down for maintenance (as Springer was ~ two
weeks ago).
Then one gets an HTTP 404.

> How do I modify it?

You can't. Be patient. As stated in the note, wait for a member of CRAN
to check that.
Wetware outperforms silicon-based lifeforms.

Cheers,
Helmut

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz