[R-pkg-devel] Linking with OpenBLAS complains lapacke not found

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Sun Sep 8 13:28:38 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-09-08 at 10:04 +0000, Sameh M. Abdulah wrote:
> I am linking my package against openblas but it complains that
> lapacke is not found which I need for the installation.
>
> I have another alternative to linking against MKL but I cannot find
> it using MKLROOT variable on CRAN servers.

It isn't entirely clear what your question is, but shouldn't you just
be linking to the BLAS and leave the choice of BLAS to the individual
installation?  In most cases you should probably not be statically
linking to the BLAS.

Here is an old paper by Dirk with more information that might help you
sort it out.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gcbd/vignettes/gcbd.pdf

Regards,

Brian