[R-pkg-devel] DESCRIPTION file errors

Eric Leifer er|c@|e||er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 4 23:30:27 CEST 2019

Hello,
I submitted a new package to CRAN, and received the following error message.
# start error message
 Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
    Bunn (12:30)
    Couper (12:39)
    EV (11:10)
    Follmann (14:40)
    JF (14:25)
    Kolecki (14:29)
    Leifer (14:5)
    Slud (11:5)
    Troendle (14:16)

  Malformed Description field: should contain one or more complete
sentences.
# end error message
I believe I am getting the error message because I am including references
in the Description field of my DESCRIPTION file.  Here's what my
Description field looks like:
# start Description field
    Used for the design and analysis of a 2x2 factorial trial for
    a time-to-event endpoint.  Performs power calculations and significance
    testing.  Important reference papers include
    Slud EV. (1994) <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8086609>
    Lin DY, Gong J, Gallo P, Bunn PH, Couper D. (2016)
    <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5026867>
    Leifer ES, Troendle JF, Kolecki A, Follmann DA. (2019)
    <
https://github.com/EricSLeifer/factorial2x2/blob/master/Leifer%20et%20al%20Factorial.pdf

# end Description field
Question:  should I be including my references in a different format in the
Description field?  Should I include references in my DESCRIPTION file at
all?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Eric