[R-pkg-devel] General considerations about vignettes

Mark van der Loo m@rk@v@nder|oo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 30 17:08:11 CEST 2019

At the cost of some level of reproducibility, you could use a static
vignette and be very clear about the package versions used in the
comparisons:
http://www.markvanderloo.eu/yaRb/2019/01/11/add-a-static-pdf-vignette-to-an-r-package/

As this does diminish the coherence of CRAN somewhat I'm not really
favoring it, but I can see cases where this may be useful (e.g. I use a
static vignette in one pkg to include a published paper).

-Mark