[R-pkg-devel] third part software dependency

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 30 16:04:52 CEST 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 11:10 AM Serguei Sokol <serguei.sokol using gmail.com> wrote:
> I am preparing a new package r2sundials for submission to cran. It
> depends on third part software
> (https://computing.llnl.gov/projects/sundials).

Are you aware of the sundialr package?
https://cran.r-project.org/package=sundialr

> This will be my first
> submission of the kind so I am wondering how it is supposed to be tested
> so that I can reliably check the box "tested on R-devel" during
> submission process?
> I suppose that sundials is not installed on windev. And even if it was,
> I need a particular option in this software (index size set to 32 bits)
> which is probably not activated in the hypothetical installation. So I
> cannot use win-builder.r-project.org.
> Am I supposed to install current r-devel version and test my package on
> it locally?

Besides Dirk's suggestions, you can also use a CI service like Travis.
there you can install additional dependencies before testing the
package itself.

However, the question remains how CRAN will test the package without
having sundials installed.

cheerio
ralf