[R-pkg-devel] third part software dependency

Serguei Sokol @ergue|@@oko| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 30 11:10:09 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am preparing a new package r2sundials for submission to cran. It
depends on third part software
(https://computing.llnl.gov/projects/sundials). This will be my first
submission of the kind so I am wondering how it is supposed to be tested
so that I can reliably check the box "tested on R-devel" during
submission process?
I suppose that sundials is not installed on windev. And even if it was,
I need a particular option in this software (index size set to 32 bits)
which is probably not activated in the hypothetical installation. So I
cannot use win-builder.r-project.org.
Am I supposed to install current r-devel version and test my package on
it locally?

And another question.
Recently, I had to fix many LTO (link time optimization) related issues
in a third part software included in one of my old packages. Have I to
test with LTO activated the new package too given that it is _not_
included in the package ?

Thanks to share your experience and wisdom.

Best,
Serguei.