[R-pkg-devel] Linking with software dependencies
Sameh M. Abdulah
@@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Sat Aug 24 20:16:45 CEST 2019
First, I am inviting all of you to try our recent package at https://github.com/ecrc/exageostatR. This package involves MLE estimation in large scale using leading-edge hardware architectures.
I have multiple questions:
(1) My package requires a pre-installation of Intel MKL. Is there any way to include the MKL installation with the package.
(2) The package depends on several c-based software which I automatically install through the package installation. Linking with these dependencies is a necessity. Thus, I did a simple trick for that as follows,
- I am installing all the software dependencies inside the default installation directory of the r-package then I am adding this path to the (PKG_CONFIG_PATH env) using this statement,
By this way, I will be sure that all libraries are accessible by the package.
- Then, the installation can be done using install_git(url=" https://github.com/ecrc/exageostatR") for the GitHub repo.
The problem that I need to avoid the manual setting of the (PKG_CONFIG_PATH) so that I can, for example, upload my package to CRAN and simplify the installation process. I am doing the dependencies installation using the package configure file which can be accessed through https://github.com/ecrc/exageostatR/blob/master/configure.
(3) My package is only compatible with Linux and macOS. How to avoid CRAN windows checks.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-package-devel