[R-pkg-devel] Compact pdf warning

Stefano Renzetti @te|@no@renzett|88 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 23 16:59:39 CEST 2019

Hi,

I receive the following warning when I check my package:

checking sizes of PDF files under ‘inst/doc’ ... WARNING
  ‘gs+qpdf’ made some significant size reductions:
     compacted ‘gwqs-vignette.pdf’ from 458Kb to 162Kb
  consider running tools::compactPDF(gs_quality = "ebook") on these files

For this warning I tried to add the option "--compact-vignettes=both" in the build source package R CMD build additional options but it did not work. When I use the tools::compactPDF(gs_quality = "ebook") command it is able to create the compacted pdf but then when I build the package then it rebuilds the vignette and the size is still the before one. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Stefano