[R-pkg-devel] Literal LaTeX Text in Function Arguments

biii m@iii@g oii de@@ey@ws biii m@iii@g oii de@@ey@ws
Fri Aug 23 16:26:57 CEST 2019

Hi Georgi,

I'm not trying to use it as part of my documentation, it is one of my
function arguments.  I want the function argument to be displayed correctly
in the help, but it is not.  I'm curious how I should document the
"subsequent_page_notification" function argument in Rd.

Specifically, the actual function definition (R code) looks like:

R code:
--------------
topic_long_table_header <- function(x,
                                    col_names=NULL,
                                    above_col_names="\\hline",
below_col_names="\\hline",
                                    subsequent_page_notification="\\ldots
continued",
                                    latex_header=NULL) {
  # The function body
}
--------------

So, I'm not trying to use LaTeX in the .Rd file; I'm trying to use it in R,
and I'm then copying it into the .Rd with extra escaping for the backslashes
(well, roxygen2 is doing the extra escaping).

Rd text
topic_long_table_header(x, col_names = NULL,
  above_col_names = "\\\\hline", below_col_names = "\\\\hline",
  subsequent_page_notification = "\\\\ldots continued",
  latex_header = NULL)

Thanks,

Bill