[R-pkg-devel] Finding UTF character in .RData file

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Mon Aug 5 20:13:30 CEST 2019

Okay I found it.  I looked at the code for  tools:::.check_package_datasets(),  took out the core part,  ran every string  I had in every dataset,  it came out.  A degree symbol.

Thanks for telling me about the function.  Still surprised that the test machines don't flag it.  Or is this a new test on CRAN?

-Roy