[R-pkg-devel] Example fails in check

Fri Jul 26 14:32:44 CEST 2019

Pipes are very functional, unlike data.table. However, their extensive use of non-standard evaluation a la `subset` or `with` does complicate the package check process.

As to the actual question, Imports announces that the magrittr package is a private dependency for your package. Users would have to load that package  if they wanted to use it also. Since examples are run as if they were the user, they are subject to that same constraint. The advantage of having Imports rather than Depends is that you have more flexibility to change which dependencies you use to achieve your goals as a package without affecting the functions that the user has to be prepared to use our avoid, and the user is on their own as to which packages they use.