[R-pkg-devel] Add space between columns in \tabular{} in Rd files.

Sat Jul 13 11:38:26 CEST 2019

On 12/07/2019 9:43 p.m., Rolf Turner wrote:

> This is fussing over a very minor issue, but ... well, I have OCD, I guess.
>
> I've tried adding extra "blank" columns between my real columns (extra
> \tab's with blank fields) but these have no effect.  The blanks are
> simply suppressed.  There does not seem to be (perhaps I'm overlooking
> something) any equivalent in the Rd syntax of \hspace{} in LaTeX.
>
> Can anyone suggest any possibilities?

You can include raw HTML or Latex in the Rd file using the \out{} macro.
  See the example in section 2.11 of Writing R Extensions.

In HTML there are a lot of "entities" for different size spaces, e.g.
" ", " ", etc.  You can use "\hspace{}" in LaTeX.