[R-pkg-devel] Difficulty installing my package from drat repository

Alex Hallam @|exh@||@m6@28 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 10 11:53:42 CEST 2019

I am working on a data package. Due to the size of the package I opted
to store the package as a drat repo.

I am able to install my package locally, but I can't seem to install the
package
from the drat repo. The error I get is:

```
Installing package into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL '
https://alexhallam.github.io/drat/src/contrib/cfsalesdata_0.0.1.1.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/gzip' length 134 bytes
downloaded 134 bytes

Error in untar2(tarfile, files, list, exdir, restore_times) :
  incomplete block on file
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘cfsalesdata’ had non-zero exit status
```

These are the commands I used to install my data package. The local
install works, but my two attempts at installing from a remote repo failed.

# This works on my local computer
install.packages(file.choose(),repos = NULL, type = "source")

# Install from remote (fails)
install.packages("cfsalesdata",repos = "https://alexhallam.github.io/drat/",
type = "source")

# Install from remote with drat (fails)
library(drat)
addRepo("alexhallam")
install.packages("cfsalesdata")

My hunch is that this has to do with the tar ball being tracked with "git
large file storage". This is because the file size of my tar ball is 154.9
MB which exceeds github's 100 MB file size limit. What options can I try in
this situation?

--

Thanks!
-Alex