[R-pkg-devel] Reproducing address sanitizer errors

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jul 6 22:45:42 CEST 2019

Dear List,

I have been informed that the most recent upload of our swephR package
triggers stack-buffer-overflow. See for example
https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/clang-ASAN/swephR. The
reason seems to be quite obvious (an array has been declared with 36
instead of 37 elements), but I would like to be sure about that.
However, I cannot reproduce the issue. I have tried
"rhub::check_with_sanitizers()" as well as running the problematic
code with RD from the docker image rocker/r-devel-ubsan-clang (with
--cap-add SYS_PTRACE), but to no avail. Does any of you have some
other possibility to reproduce ASAN errors?

Thanks
Ralf