[R-pkg-devel] pandoc version used in winbuilder

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 27 17:57:26 CEST 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 4:36 PM Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't see Solaris builds there -- as far as I know that's the flavour
> of CRAN machine that's missing it.  rgl gets a warning about CRAN being
> unable to build the vignettes because of that.

I am not sure if pandoc supports Solaris, I would think not. OpenCSW does
not have any Haskell compiler AFAICT.

I would think that having pandoc on Solaris is not super important. R can
still run all the vignette code without pandoc, only the creation of the
actual vignette, e.g. the markdown to HTML conversion is skipped. This step
does involve any R or R packages code, and it can also be tested on other
platforms.

Gabor