[R-pkg-devel] Maintainer a Group

Max Turgeon M@x@Turgeon @end|ng |rom um@n|tob@@c@
Tue Jun 25 23:48:03 CEST 2019

Hi John,

"Writing R Extensions" is quite explicit about this:

For a CRAN package it should be a person, not a mailing list and not a corporate entity

Best,
Max

On Jun 25, 2019 3:45 PM, John Muschelli <muschellij2 using gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Package Devs,
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether a maintainer can be an
organization/group instead of a person for CRAN?  I don't see there being
an issue as long as the "maintainer" is responsive and fixes issues.  Just
figured I'd ask before trying this for some packages.

Best,
John