[R-pkg-devel] CRAN NOTE: SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles

Charith Karunarathna ch@r|th_k@run@r@thn@ @end|ng |rom @|u@c@
Wed Jun 19 18:41:21 CEST 2019

Hi,

I got the following NOTES after submitting my R package to CRAN for the first time.

"

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles, Result: NOTE
    src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
    src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but linking is by C++
  Use of these macros is discussed in sect 1.2.1.1 of 'Writing R
  Extensions'. The macros for different languages may differ so the
  matching macro must be used in PKG_CXXFLAGS (etc) and match that used
  in PKG_LIBS (except for Fortran: see the manual).

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles, Result: NOTE
    src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
    src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but linking is by C++
    src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
    src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but linking is by C++
  Use of these macros is discussed in sect 1.2.1.1 of 'Writing R
  Extensions'. The macros for different languages may differ so the
  matching macro must be used in PKG_CXXFLAGS (etc) and match that used
  in PKG_LIBS (except for Fortran: see the manual).

"

I am using 'RcppArmadillo' for C++ coding. I am still not sure how to fix these above problems even though I went through the 'Writing R Extensions' document.  Could somebody help me fix these issues?

Thank you in advance!

Charith.