[R-pkg-devel] R package manual failing only on R-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc

Hugh Parsonage hugh@p@r@on@ge @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 18 17:00:34 CEST 2019

Unfortunately this error is caused by a hyperlink straddling a page, so
it’s difficult to solve uniformly.

The LaTeX error message provides a clue as to where the hyperlink might be
(near an \item near a \code) but no exact location.

My advice would be to look where you have hyperlinks (including cross
references) in your documentation and either reword the documentation or
omit hyperlinks until you can produce a full pdf manual. Then, examine
where the hyperlink might have straddled two pages and more surgically
reword that paragraph/list to enable the original intent to be typeset.

The hyperlink may also occur in a bibliography where you may have to make
more drastic omissions or additions in order for compilation to succeed.