[R-pkg-devel] Inquiry about outdated perl on win-build

Thomas Ng tngthom@@ng @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 13 01:36:55 CEST 2019

Hey all,

I am trying to submit my R package to CRAN. I have previously tested on
win-builder but was unsuccessful to pass without ERROR due to the window
system still runs on outdated version of perl - 5.8.8 (13 years ago).

My package contains a fatpacked perl script that relies on a self contained
CPAN module which calls for a more later version of Perl - 5.14 (a version
came 9 years ago). This later version allows more freedom and tools to
express regex.

What should I do about this?

Thanks,
Thomas