[R-pkg-devel] R CMD build: "Error in if (any(update))"

Rob Foxall r|ox@||27 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 12 08:23:07 CEST 2019

Thanks. I ran in R:
devtools::build("myPackage")
That gave me a warning:
     NB: this package now depends on R (>= 3.5.0)
     WARNING: Added dependency on R >= 3.5.0 because serialized
objects in  serialize/load version 3 cannot be read in older versions
of R.
     File(s) containing such objects: 'myPackage/R/sysdata.rda'
'myPackage/data/myCol.rda'
But it didn't error. I then added the dependency to R >= 3.5.0 to my
DESCRIPTION file, and rerunning devtools::build now executed without
error or warning. However, in the command window "R CMD build
myPackage" still gives same error.
Then in R I ran:
devtools::check("myPackage")
It gave me a genuine error ("myplot" instead of "myPlot" in my
myPackage-package.rda file), and a couple of warnings. All of which I
fixed, and re-running the check gave me 0 errors/warnings/notes.
In the command window, "R CMD build myPackage" still gives the same error.