[R-pkg-devel] R3.6.0 suppressing S3 overwrite messages

Sat May 18 22:03:46 CEST 2019

On 18/05/2019 3:42 p.m., Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via
R-package-devel wrote:

> My memory is that this was discussed here,  but i can't find the emails, including in the archives ( i did find a similar query from Yihui on r-dev.).  Probably there,  I am just not seeing it.  In the package I am working on for submission,  when I load the package i get:

There was a thread about this on R-help, started by Rolf Turner on April
29, subject "Message produced under R 3.6.0.".

Users can suppress those messages, but I don't think package writers
can:  they indicate true bugs, and the packages mentioned (ggplot2,
crul, hoardr in your case) need to be fixed to get rid of them.