[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check works but with devtools::check() examples fail

Fri May 17 22:55:38 CEST 2019

On 17 May 2019 at 08:33, Rainer Krug wrote:
| Interesting discussion - because I had similar issues.
|
| @Dirk: You are developing packages fir ages - do you probably have a template make file you could share (as I assume, you use make) which is doing all these checks?

Nothing special -- just a few simple wrappers (generally written using
littler's r as I tend to live on Linux, should work from Rscript too) which I
call from shell: build.r to build, check.r to check, rcc.r to run (Gabor's
nice) rcmdcheck around the tarball (or directory or ...), install.r and
install2.r, update.r and so on. They are in the inst/examples/ directory of
source littler (and hence examples/ of installed littler).

The rule is that they are mostly skinny wrapper around the same functions R
uses when your call R CMD build or R CMD check, but saving me a few
keystrokes each time ... and cooperating better with TAB completion in bash.

So nothing magic.  Sorry :)

Dirk

PS It would be nice if R Core exported these functions:
     tools:::.build_packages
     tools:::.check_packages
   for us to use from packages.