[R-pkg-devel] package problems

Dennis Boos boo@ @end|ng |rom nc@u@edu
Thu Apr 25 02:09:12 CEST 2019

R Package Folks,

The automatic checks rejected my package submission. A year ago, I got
past the automatic checks, but a CRAN person told me to add a doi and
use \donttest{}.

1. So I added the doi to the DESCRIPTION file--it seems to work using
the cran checks in Rstudio and everything looks good when I load the
package locally.  However, I got this message today when I submitted

Found the following (possibly) invalid DOIs:
     DOI: 10.1002/insr.12087
       From: DESCRIPTION
       Message: 404

But the paper exists and I have placed it at

https://www4.stat.ncsu.edu/~boos/Monte.Carlo.se/

for anyone to check. The package source code is also there.

2. I tried \donttest{}, but decided to use \dontrun{} after getting
rejected for having examples that run too long. Still I got this message
today:

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: running examples for arch 'i386', Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
                 user system elapsed
   mc.se.matrix 35.13   0.64   35.93

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: running examples for arch 'x64', Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
                 user system elapsed
   mc.se.matrix 27.38   0.63   28.14

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
                 user system elapsed
   mc.se.matrix 18.62  1.372   19.99

Plus, I tried to stop the vignettes from running any code with

```{r setup, echo=FALSE,eval=FALSE, }
knitr::opts_chunk$set(
   collapse = TRUE,
   comment = "#>"
)
```

Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis
--
Dennis Boos, Assoc. Head    email: dennis_boos using ncsu.edu
Department of Statistics    Phone: 919-515-1918