[R-pkg-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: CRAN Debian File Handling Differences?

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Tue Apr 23 17:28:52 CEST 2019

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 17:24, David Blodgett <dblodgett using usgs.gov> wrote:

> OK. Thank you. I'm always nervous about closing and re-opening a tempfile() but I suppose it is safe.
>
> Should I interpret your response as saying that creating and mutating files in "tests/testthat/data" is not possible on CRAN?

>From CRAN Repository Policy:

- Packages should not write in the user’s home filespace (including
clipboards), nor anywhere else on the file system apart from the R
session’s temporary directory (or during installation in the location
pointed to by TMPDIR: and such usage should be cleaned up).

--
Iñaki Úcar