[R-pkg-devel] Submitting a package whose unit tests sometimes fail because of server connections

Paul Gilbert pg||bert902 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 17 15:55:13 CEST 2019

5.4  In the spirit of simple & stupid you can also use the built in
mechanism for doing this: organize some of your tests in subdirectories
like inst/testWithInternet, inst/veryLongTests,
inst/testsNeedingLicence, inst/testsNeedingSpecialCluster, etc. CRAN
will only run the tests in the tests/ directory, but you can check them
yourself  using

R CMD check  --test-dir=inst/testWithInternet   whatever.tar.gz

 > In a separate response On 4/16/19 2:06 PM, Steven Scott wrote:
 >  Just don't include the live fire stuff in the package.

Please do not do this. If you omit tests from your package then it
cannot be properly checked by other people.

Paul Gilbert