[R-pkg-devel] Check Flavor r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang charset

David Gohel d@v|d@gohe| @end|ng |rom @rd@t@@|r
Thu Apr 11 10:20:01 CEST 2019

Yes, it seems so.

Thanks Gabor, if possible, a docker for that case would be welcome.

I think I solved my issues. I set the locale in my cpp code:

    setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

In the R code, I am testing if the locale is set to UTF-8 with the following code but I am not sure this is the best solution:

    # Only when not windows
    has_locale <- Sys.which("locale") != ""
    is_utf_8 <- has_locale && (system(command = "locale charmap", intern = TRUE) == "UTF-8")

If someone has an advice, it will be welcomed :)

David Gohel