[R-pkg-devel] How to debug CRAN errors?

David Hugh-Jones d@v|dhughjone@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Mar 16 11:38:11 CET 2019

Thanks to Maëlle for getting me fixed up with r-hub, which is looking quite
slick.

I debugged the problem and it comes down to the R tinytex package not
playing nicely with Debian’s texlive installation.

I  think the answer is just to turn off all relevant tests on CRAN. It’s
reasonable for them to use texlive, and reasonable for Yihui to not want to
support it; meanwhile Travis etc still run the tests.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

David