[R-pkg-devel] List of reverse dependencies, including archived packages

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Tue Feb 26 08:44:58 CET 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 05:29, Peter Carbonetto
<peter.carbonetto using gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is a way to get a list of reverse dependencies on
> CRAN that includes archived packages.
>
> I am asking because "ashr", an R package I maintain, was recently removed
> from CRAN, and now it is back after I fixed the critical problem. However,
> some of the downstream packages that were affected by this removal are no
> longer listed as a reverse dependency.

I think that the easiest way is to use Microsoft's CRAN time machine
[1]. Simply set the session's repo to the day before the archiving
date, and then you can get the complete list using regular procedures.

[1] https://mran.microsoft.com/timemachine

Iñaki