[R-pkg-devel] NOTE for a suggested package

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Feb 24 01:31:39 CET 2019

You can remove the `library("doParallel")`.  Your call to
requireNamespace() plus calling all doParallel functions with `::` is
sufficient.  That should resolve the NOTE.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 5:49 PM Mohammad Ali Nilforooshan
<m.a.nilforooshan using gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm struggling to stop receiving a NOTE about a suggested package, and it
> seems to be the problem for many people. Your help is really appreciated.
>
> In the function, I have:
>
> if(requireNamespace("doParallel", quietly=TRUE))
> {
>    library("doParallel")
>    cl = parallel::makeCluster(ncl)
>    doParallel::registerDoParallel(cl)
>    Q = foreach(i=ggID, .combine='cbind') %dopar% ## do something
> } else {
>    ## do something else
> }
>
> In DESCRIPTION, I have:
>
> Suggests:
>    doParallel (>= 1.0.14)
>
> This is the NOTE that I receive:
>
> 'library' or 'require' call to 'doParallel' in package code.
> Please use :: or requireNamespace() instead.
> See section 'Suggested packages' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
R/Finance 2018 | www.rinfinance.com