[R-pkg-devel] Regarding maGUI package error

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 20 13:28:47 CET 2019

On Windows, likely the warning about BiocInstaller comes from a package dependency, rather than your package.

Somehow this seems like a CRAN misconfiguration or perhaps workaround to accommodate packages that need to be fixed. The warning message comes when loading BiocInstaller (BiocInstaller has been replaced by BiocManager, which is a standard CRAN package). The development version of R should be using the development version of Bioconductor. BiocInstaller was removed from the development version of Bioconductor, so the warning message should not appear -- any package trying to load BiocInstaller should simply fail.

Martin Morgan