[R-pkg-devel] Win-builder: Author field differs from that derived from Authors maybe from R

Wed Feb 6 15:50:18 CET 2019

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 15:23:00 +0100
Sebastian Meyer <seb.meyer using fau.de> wrote:

> The CRAN repository policy says:
>
> > <...> This should be done with current R-patched or the current
> > release of R.

Right. Time for me to update to R-3.5.2 to comply with the policy and
prevent other silly mistakes.

> Further to that, note that you are using a non-standard role ("con").
> See the details in help("person") for the roles used in the context
> of R packages: aut, com, ctr, ctb, cph, cre, dtc, fnd, ths, trl.

Ouch! My reading comprehension could have been better when I read that
part of help("person"). Indeed, I should have used "ctb" instead of
"con".

Additional thanks to Peter Dalgaard for spotting the same mistake and
to Dirk Eddelbuettel for the link to Debian packages of current release
of R.

--
Best regards,
Ivan