[R-pkg-devel] Win-builder: Author field differs from that derived from Authors maybe from R

Wed Feb 6 14:52:32 CET 2019

On 6 February 2019 at 15:26, Ivan Krylov wrote:
| The version of R I'm currently using is 3.3.3 (2017-03-06) from Debian
| stable, which might explain the differences in utils:::format.person.

In case you were unaware you _can_ get current R versions, now R 3.5.2, for
Debian stable thanks to the backports administered by Johannes Ranke -- see
http://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

I see no real reason for a package developer aiming for CRAN to use a
twice-outdated R version.

| What should I do to avoid the NOTE?

I suspect locale and sorting settings but I don't know for sure. In any case,
I would not start by debugging on an outdated R version.

Dirk