[R-pkg-devel] what is difference between Mac setup of rhub and CRAN

Jan Wijffels jw|j||e|@ @end|ng |rom bno@@c@be
Thu Jan 31 11:16:42 CET 2019

Gabor.

Thanks for the input.
I don't have a Mac machine at my disposal but another user of the package
tried helping out debugging here:
https://github.com/bnosac/ruimtehol/issues/10

The package has C++ code which relies on clang-3.3 or newer and relies on
-pthread. It has in it's src/Makevars (
https://github.com/bnosac/ruimtehol/blob/master/src/Makevars)

PKG_LIBS = -pthread
PKG_CPPFLAGS = -pthread

Is that what you mean with linking to a system library?
What version of the compiler is running on rhub and how is it different
from CRAN r-release-osx-x86_64 or even CRAN r-oldrel-osx-x86_64
About CRAN (Question 2): What can be a reason why a package fails on
r-release-osx-x86_64 but checked fine on r-oldrel-osx-x86_64

Jan

Jan Wijffels
Statistician
www.bnosac.be  | +32 486 611708