[R-pkg-devel] what is difference between Mac setup of rhub and CRAN

Jan Wijffels jw|j||e|@ @end|ng |rom bno@@c@be
Thu Jan 31 09:43:41 CET 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what is different between the rhub and CRAN software
for Mac OS to fix the FAIL statement on a package I maintain called
ruimtehol (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=ruimtehol).
The package builds and checks fine on all CRAN platforms except Mac
OS r-release-osx-x86_64.

>From what I see, the Mac setups on CRAN are currently:

1/ CRAN running R 3.4.4: r-oldrel-osx-x86_64  : OS X 10.11.6: Xcode 8.2.1,
clang 4.0.0, GNU Fortran 6.1
2/ CRAN running R 3.5.2: r-release-osx-x86_64 : OS X 10.11.6: Xcode 8.2.1,
clang 4.0.0, GNU Fortran 6.1
3/ rhub running R 3.5.2: unknown setup

The ruimtehol R package builds and checks fine on both CRAN running R 3.4.4
and rhub running R 3.5.2 but apparently FAILS on CRAN running R 3.5.2.

*Question 1*: Can someone indicate what is the difference between the 3
platforms regarding Mac setup (which possibly might give an indication on
what this check problem on the ruimtehol package)
*Question 2*: What can be a reason why a package fails on r-release-osx-x86_64
but checked fine on r-oldrel-osx-x86_64?

FYI. Rhub build on Mac OS with R 3.5.2. is available at
https://artifacts.r-hub.io/ruimtehol_0.1.2.tar.gz-147a4e1367b49538e6134bf0fdf76a32
       CRAN check restuls of the package are at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_ruimtehol.html

thank you,
Jan

Jan Wijffels