[R-pkg-devel] Robj: reading proprietary format - first time packaging

Tue Jan 29 12:47:38 CET 2019

Hi!

Not being able to find an R package that would let me import an
Origin(R)[0] OPJ file, I found liborigin[1] and used Rcpp (thanks,
Dirk Eddelbuettel!) to create the package which I titled Ropj[2]. Right
now it only understands the absolute minimum of what I needed to
import, but I intend to translate more object types in the future.

I have bundled liborigin as a subdirectory under src, which seems to be
an acceptable practice for small (3 *.cpp files) libraries whose
license (GPL >= 3) matches the package. I'm passing R CMD check
--as-cran, both on my PC and at win-builder (thanks, Uwe Ligges!) [3],
except with a small NOTE that the word OPJ might be misspelled.

Is there anything I might have overlooked that would prevent this
package from being accepted to CRAN? For example, could the presence of
the words Origin(R) or OPJ or OPJ-decoding code itself be a problem
from trademark or licensing point of view?

Should I submit the first version right away or implement all the
features I can in advance?

--
Best regards,
Ivan