[R-pkg-devel] package docu

Troels Ring tr|ng @end|ng |rom gvdnet@dk
Sat Jan 26 09:15:41 CET 2019

Dear friends - I'm struggling to get the documentation of my package
correct. The working package is now (with your help!) at

devtools::install_github("troelsring/ABCharge")

and in its proto version includes only a single dataset "brom.RData" which
has two components, a data.frame "brom" and a matrix TOTAL. These are
documented in the brom.RD file shown below.

\name{brom}

\alias{brom}

\docType{data}

\title{

bromic acid data from Glaser et al 2014

}

\description{

  Data to find optimal pK for bromic acid

}

\usage{data("brom")}

\format{

A workspace.

  \describe{

    \item{brom}{Dataframe of Table S4 in Glaser et al.}

    \item{TOTAL}{Matrix of buffer concentrations.}

  }

}

\source{

Glaser RE et al. Dynamical approach to multiequilibria problems for mixtures
of

acids and their conjugate bases. J Chem Educ 2014; 91: 1009-1016

}

\examples{

data(brom)

----- a long example - works well

Now when running ctrl-shift-E, I get

> checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING

  Undocumented code objects:

    'K3' 'Kc' 'kw'

  Undocumented data sets:

    'TOTAL'

  All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.

  See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R

  Extensions' manual.

0 errors v | 1 warning x | 0 notes v

Fejl: R CMD check found WARNINGs

run stoppet

Exited with status 1.

I wonder why the specification of TOTAL in the RD file is ignored?

Also the three constants kw, Kc, and K3 are not properly documented. They
are declared and exported in the utility_acid.r file and I have tried to
document them as  @params in that file but it seems to be ignored and cause
other problems so I have them at present undocumented since I don't know
where to put the documentation.