[R-pkg-devel] Strange issue checking packages on MacOS

John Mount jmount @end|ng |rom w|n-vector@com
Thu Jan 17 23:56:58 CET 2019

When checking a package on MacOS High Sierra the XQuartz server starts up at the "checking S3 generic/method consistency" step. This is easy to reproduce:

Start RStudio
Select New->Project->NewDirectory->R Package (I checked "use .git")
BuildPane->More->BuildSourcePackage
At the bas command line run: R CMD check --as-cran empty_0.1.0.tar.gz
At the "checking S3 generic/method consistency" step XQuartz will start up.  I can work around it.  But I think it may be a possible symptom of a bad dependency that may cause trouble on Windows and Mac systems without an X-server. It seems to require the --as-cran flag to trigger.

John Mount
http://www.win-vector.com/ <http://www.win-vector.com/>
Our book: Practical Data Science with R http://www.manning.com/zumel/ <http://www.manning.com/zumel/>