[R-pkg-devel] System Requirements and CRAN check

julien chiquet julien@chiquet @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jan 14 22:22:01 CET 2019

Hi,

I am trying to submit a version of a package whose dev version is on
github: https://github.com/jchiquet/PLNmodels

My package requires a system version of nlopt (that can be installed
on Debian via apt-get install libnlopt-dev, and similarly on other
systems). And I'd rather not use the nloptr package since the version
available on CRAN does not link to the CCSAQ optimization method which
I need. Besides, I like to directly include the nlopt.hpp header in
the C++ code of my package.

I manage to get everything working with travis CI for Linux and Mac OS
(by specifying the field apt and brew_packages), and now I would like
to submit my package to the CRAN. However, the install process failed
on the pretest step on Debian, since it lakes a system version of
nlopt (that would be availble via sudo apt-get install libnlopt-dev).

I though specifying the field SystemRequirements in the package
DESCRIPTION file would allow me to submit properly on CRAN, but
apparently the automatic install process does not recognize this
field.

I will be happy to try to fix the problem if someone point me in the
right direction. I know that some packages on CRAN requires system
libraries such as
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/V8/index.html and I tried my
best to follow the same steps, without success apparently.

Thanks for your time,

jc

Julien Chiquet
http://julien.cremeriefamily.info